Thursday, December 3, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Sept 2002, I left my home, my parents to pursue my study in Pune with more happy, less sad feeling as I was sooo eager to see the world, to be on my own, after all I had studied for 2 long years to get admission in the institute! It was only after I left my home that I realized how much I am going to miss it...My Sweet Home, my comfort zone!

And now its been 7 years, 7 loonnngggg years that I visit my house like a guest! Each visit is smaller than the other. And at end of each visit I am left with longing "kuch din aur rehte to mann bhar jata" knowing well ki kitne bhi din hote tobhi maan nahi bharta. Mann kaise bhar sakta hai, I have spent 18 best years of my life there!

The moment I am home, it showers me me with selfless love, warmth and happiness. I see the reflection of my happiness in my home as if its equally happy that I am there.I am sure it must be missing me too :)

But what made me suddenly realize and write all this? Till today I always thought that I used to go home because its only my parents whom I miss. I always thought, the love I feel being there is only the pure and selfless love of my Mother. Its only the comfort and warmth that my momma dadda provides that I feel so relaxed and safe there! I never realized that my home, a non living entity, is so important for me!

Its been 3 months that I havent been to my home and December was the time, the year-end 9 days long break! I was so exited and made all plans for it. But then the plan changed, now Mom Dad are coming to Pune and we all are going to Mysore to meet my brother. Hurray! I should have been 100% happy because I am going to meet my parents, my bro so the purpose of being at home is met! But when I still felt that something is incomplete, then I realized that its the warmth of my home that I am going to miss.... I realized why the name for the land line number in my mobile is "sweet home" and not "Mom/Dad"

Not to mention, I am very happy that I am going to meet my bro after such a long time! But this small incident made me realize the importance that place also has for me and how much I miss it!
So now a few more months of wait before I could get another long holiday to be there!

1 comment: